Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peanut Butter French Toast


I love cooking French toast on weekend mornings because I always feel too rushed on the weekdays to make and enjoy it. The recipe for French toast is really simple: mix a few eggs together with a little bit of milk, soak a few slices of bread in the egg mixture, then pan fry each side until golden brown/yellow. For extra flavor, add a bit of vanilla and a few dashes of cinnamon and nutmeg to the egg mixture. After one side of the bread has been cooked, you can spread butter over it while the other side is cooking to infuse the butter flavor into the bread. I find that soft thick bread (like Texas Toast) is the best kind of bread to use, but any kind you have lying around works fine. In the pictures below, I used old wheat bread that I wanted to finish up and also spread chunky peanut butter between two slices of bread before soaking it in the egg mixture.

1 comment:

  1. that looks like it'll stop my heart from beating... did you have to serve it with bacon???

    ReplyDelete